As a board-certified dermatologist, Dr. Lee is an expert on the largest organ in the human body – the skin. With advanced specialized training in anatomy, function, pathology, and surgery of the skin, Dr. Lee is uniquely qualified to diagnose and treat skin diseases, as well as perform a variety of cosmetic procedures such as micro-needling, laser treatments, and other procedures designed to reduce wrinkles, treat age spots, and otherwise rejuvenate your skin.
Common Medical Procedures
- Comprehensive skin examinations
- Curettage and electrodesiccation
- Dermatologic surgery, including skin cancer treatment, mole removal, and skin biopsies
- Intralesional corticosteroid therapy
- Registered isotretinoin (Accutane) provider, iPledge program
- Chemical peels
Common Cosmetic Procedures
- Fillers (e.g. Juvéderm, Restylane, Radiesse)
- Laser hair & tattoo removal
- Kybella injections
- Laser resurfacing
A Note About Skin Cancer
- The lifetime risk of developing sun-related skin cancer among Americans is now 1 in 5.
- The incidence of melanoma, the most deadly form of skin cancer, has been rising.
- One American dies of melanoma almost every hour daily. Notably, the cure rate for early melanomas is 95-99% if caught and treated early.
Dr. Lee recommends annual skin exams for the early diagnosis and treatment of skin cancer. Call today to schedule your appointment.
Aging Gracefully with Yadkin Valley Dermatology
The mission of Yadkin Valley Dermatology is to provide the highest quality of specialized dermatologic medical and surgical care to patients of all ages. We now offer a number of non-invasive skin treatments and techniques to help you age gracefully.
BOTOX® is a natural, purified protein that relaxes wrinkle-causing muscles creating a smooth and improved appearance. This is very effective for alleviating wrinkles on the forehead and area around the eyes. Click here for more information.
Juvéderm® XC is a smooth gel filler made of Hyaluronic Acid, a natural component of the skin. Sunlight and other factors (smoking, e.g.) can degrade the amount of Hyaluronic Acid in the skin, causing unwanted wrinkles and folds. Juvéderm® XC is a safe and effective way to replace the Hyaluronic Acid your skin has lost, bringing back it’s volume and smoothing away facial wrinkles and folds. Click here for more information.
Latisse® solution is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis used to grow eyelashes, making them longer, thicker and darker. Eyelash hypotrichosis is another name for having inadequate or not enough eyelashes. Click here for more information.
Chemical Peels are a safe, inexpensive, and effective treatment for removing fine lines and improving the texture and discoloration of sun-damaged skin. Chemical peels remove the upper layer of damaged skin, resulting in a new layer of skin generated during the healing process. Depending on a patient’s skin type and degree of sun damage, a superficial, medium or deep chemical peel may be appropriate.
Cosmeceuticals are topical treatments that are helpful in improving photo-damaged skin. These include:
- Vitamin A (retinol, tretinoin)
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs)
- Antioxidants (vitamin A, vitamin E, nicotinamide)
- Botanicals (Feverfew, Green Tea, Soy)